Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 4. Reading/Writing Skills and Technology-enhanced Lesson Plan

It was another frutful week. I have read article  Jarek Krajka "Using the Internet in the ESL Writing Instruction". The author gives  us very easy to follow instructions how to teach writing genres with the help of the Internet. The next academic year I will use some of them with my students. But before that as Krajka said I need to answer the following questions : "Why I should incorporate on-line lessons into the curriculum? What are the benefits of such a method in comparison with traditional instruction? How is the Internet component fit into the syllabus?". The activities which present Mei-Ya Liang in "Three Extensive Reading Activities for ESL/EFL Students Using E-books" will improve reading, writing and thinking skills of the students.

We continue to explore websites. I like Breaking News English (http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/). It has activities on the themes Technology and Business English which fit the objectives of my students. Lauri's ESL Website (http://fog.ccsf.edu/~lfried/) is also a great bank of activities and it is easy to navigate.

I think that many teachers do not like to write lesson plans because they have not appropriate template and do not understand how to write correctly. Basic Lesson Plan  model from the University of Tennessee will helps  both beginning teacher and experience once.

No comments:

Post a Comment